Hampton Roads Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Hampton Roads & The Surrounding Areas

Hampton Roads Military Discharge Upgrade Lawyer

Experienced Representation From a Former JAG in Princess Anne County

Virtually any record generated by the military can be challenged and corrected. From administrative reprimands to performance reports to discharge paperwork, you have a means of appealing an unjust record. An adverse action in your military record can extinguish opportunities for promotion and advancement. A less than honorable discharge from the service will haunt you for the rest of your life as you seek employment and education.

Often times it seems that the command can act with complete impunity when taking action against servicemembers, but that is not the case. When you command has taken an improper action against you, there are ways to fight back! The Law Office of Shawn M. Cline, PC understands the discharge upgrade process and is ready to aggressively fight to clear up your record. Shawn Cline will help you decide whether to take your case to the Discharge Review Board (DRB) or the Board of Correction for Military Records (BCMR). Whatever the forum, we will fight hard to get you an honorable discharge!

Are you looking to upgrade your discharge? Our Hampton Roads military discharge attorney is here to help you. Call The Law Office of Shawn M. Cline, PC, today at (757) 209-2328 or contact us online to get started!

Can a General Discharge Be Upgraded to Honorable?

Veterans can apply to upgrade their non-honorable discharge and to change the reason or basis for discharge. Each military branch has its own Discharge Review Board (DRB) which can upgrade non-honorable, special court-martial bad conduct discharges, they can also change the reason for discharge. Each branch also has a Board for Correction of Military Records (BCMR) which can also consider bad appeals DRB choices upgrade discharges given by general courts-martial, change discharge to or from medical discharge or retirement, change enlistment codes, reinstate people in the military (rarely done), and make other changes in military records.

What Benefits Do You Get With a General Discharge?

A general discharge is when a service member may not have met all of the standards of an honorable discharge but their military service meets the standards. The benefits that you get with a general discharge is the same as another veteran with an honorable discharge. The benefits that a veteran receives under general discharge for example are disability pay, education benefits, and healthcare benefits.

Can You Be a Cop With an OTH Discharge?

Most law enforcement agencies will not accept veterans that have less than a fully honorable discharge.

Get The Help You Need. Our Firm Offers Military Discounts!

Don’t sit back and allow a blemished military record to hold you back. You have rights! Shawn Cline knows these rights and is here to fight for them. There is virtually no military record that is not eligible for correction, but there is also no military record that will correct itself. You have to take care of your career by acting now to fix your military record.

Shawn Cline is a veteran with considerable active duty time. He knows what it means to serve and has dealt with hundreds of military records. The initial consultation with the Law Office of Shawn M. Cline, PC is always free, so you have nothing to lose by coming in to talk. We will give you an honest assessment of your case free of charge and help you decide the best course for fixing whatever injustice in your record is holding you back.

Contact The Law Office of Shawn M. Cline, PC, today for a consultation!