Assault & Battery Defense Attorney
Call (757) 209-2328 for Defense in Virginia Beach
If you have been arrested on an assault or assault and battery charge, you cannot afford to go unrepresented. It is important that you work with an attorney as soon as possible. The Law Office of Shawn M. Cline, PC is ready to take your case and ensure that you get the best result possible.
Why choose our assault & battery lawyer?
- Backed by 15 years of legal excellence
- Former JAG officer backed by international legal experience
- Trial-tested, well-respected representation
- 100% focused on criminal defense—we don't spend our time or resources on any other type of legal cases
You need an aggressive criminal defense attorney on your side to determine what defenses may apply in your case. Even if there are no defenses based on the evidence available, a skilled attorney can secure an alternative resolution to your case, such as probation or community service instead of a jail sentence. Your specific circumstances will dictate what we can do for you. Find individualized defense with our assault defense lawyer today!
What are the penalties for assault and battery in Virginia?
Whether you face a simple assault charge or an aggravated count of assault and battery, the penalties you face will vary according to the details of your case.
Generally speaking, the potential penalties could range as follows:
- Class 1 misdemeanor conviction: A $2,500 fine and 12 months' jail
- Class 6 felony conviction: $2,500 fine and 1 to 5 years' prison
- Class 5 felony conviction: $2,500 fine and 1 to 10 years' prison
Even if you have been charged with aggravated assault and battery, you can be confident in our trial-tested lawyer. Attorney Cline has successfully fought for clients' rights in felony defense cases around the world. No matter how complex your charges are, he has the proven ability and tenacity to help clients navigate the justice system with their rights intact.
Call (757) 209-2328 or use our online form to discover how our Virginia Beach assault & battery attorney may be able to defend your liberty and your future!